Sunday 17 September 2017

I'm back!!.... Mathern Mill open

First time fishing after nearly 6 months due to a little trip around the world to the dark side, and was looking forward to this. Been told it's fishing it's nuts off with loads of ton match weights and pleasure sessions up to 500lb. So off I go. Not even looked at my gear since I got it from storage so was hoping for no little surprises, such as forgotten tackle or holes in nets from rodents. Gotta admit, I've been a total numpty, as when I moved in April I boxed up all my water proof stuff then managed to dump it at the tip. Can't find it anywhere so I got no reason to think other than that's what I did. Thanks to Ken Rayner I've borrowed his stuff so that will do until my new stuff arrives 😊. Back to the match. Well not much to say. Very disappointed. To say it fished abysmal would be giving it to much credit. Everybody struggled to get bites. The fish had turn off completely and nothing much was tempting them to have a go. Tried all sorts but all I had was 1carp around 4lb and about 10 skimmers that I caught on corn just to break up the boredom. The only enjoyable think was being sat next to Craig Challingworth so the banter was fun. I didn't bother the scales as only around 7lb wasn't worth weighing. It was won by Peanut over on peg 7 with just over 50lb. Now that's a bad day on this venue. Ah well onto the next one wherever hat may be. I'm off to Norway next weekend so won't be out then. But watch out, I'm coming for your money...Mwahahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment