Thursday 21 September 2017

Mathern mill Thursday open.

Back at Mathern today for the second time in a week as its only 7 minute drive for me, and I was hoping to do better than Saturdays disaster. I got a bad habit of drawing the top end of the lake when to do any good you need to be at the other end or half way down the road banks. It been about two years and  dozen matches since I've been at the good end so its time to change this crapy habit. Got to the draw and found out peg 22 was in. WTF!!!. Good pegs empty at the other end including Saturdays winner. We asked him to change it and take it out but he wouldn't, even though the weekend matches were abysmal that end and only one fish of of that peg Saturday. And with a very good angler on it that says something. Oh well, into the draw and yep, 22 in my hand. Should have just left and gone home. Not much to say exempt after a pull round and small carp first chuck on the bomb, that was my last bite. After 4 hours of absolutely no fish activity near me I gave up and went home. No point in sitting there. No idea what will win it but with 2 hours to go , Norm Sterry at the other end of the lake, was putting his sixth net in. Just about says it all. If that end of the lake keeps getting put in when there are great pegs left empty at the other end I won't be going back there much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment